Storyboarding, changes in time!

Due to time quickly running out I have made some minor and major alterations to my storyboard in order to make sure I can still come out with a finished film.

The alterations made were for the following.

Modern Mars ROV...
Originally this was going to be a somewhat lengthy sequence with a narration from Tom Baker (who's agent sadly turned down the offer) but the main run of the visuals didn't feel right for me, so rather than making it a science accurate introduction, I took liberties (inspired from Ray's First Men in the Moon and Gerry Anderson's work) and redesigned the ship to feel more like something you would find on a kit bashing project and the landing on Mars to reflect something similar to George Pal's War of the Worlds. Even the ROV has been designed around elements of classic robot sci-fi designs and shapes.

Introduction to Prehistoric Mars...
Whilst some people enjoyed seeing these characters come into the shot and go about their daily routine and displaying their symbiotic relationship with each other, there were twice as many who commented saying they felt this sequence dragged on a little to long. In some ways I can see what they are seeing, so I have decided (with a heavy heart) to remove the third character and take the storyboard back to its original raw form from 2012.

Location on Mars...
Rather than taking place over two or three environments I have managed to arrange the story so it takes place in one area, a wooded area that turns into a open cliff top.

Fight...
Since the original fight was to have a break were the pterasaur intervene and distract the Rex only to be killed and give insensitive to the ceratopcian. Now that he has been dropped I've now made it so that the ceratopcian is defeated but find strength to attack and push the rex over the cliff top. I'm still unsure how to execute it but I have faith in my storytelling abilities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Armatures.. the things to know and what to avoid!

Mould making...Here's one way the industry do it.

The build-up method, or foam fabrication to you new puppet makers!